This course is designed to present current trends in addiction on prescription and street drugs. The presenter will discuss the pharmacology of these drugs and will also discuss techniques that can be used to intervene and offer the addict treatment.
- Review current trends in street drug use
- Discuss laws pertaining to these drugs
- Discuss the pharmacology of these drugs
- Review the needs of clients using prescription and street drugs
- Discuss appropriate clinical interventions to help treat a client suffering from addiction including: motivational interviewing, CBT, DBT, group therapy and MAT
Jay Burrows, MSW, LCSW, CADC, CCS
Clinical Manager, Glenbeigh Outpatient Center of Erie
Jay Burrows is the program director of Glenbeigh Center of Erie and is also a board member on the Erie County Drug and Alcohol Coalition. Burrows received his Master of Social Work in 2013 from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. He is a licensed clinical social worker and holds Certified Clinical Supervisor and Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor certifications in Pennsylvania.
Friday, December 4, 2020
Presentation: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
RSVP at http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=ujmqlesab&oeidk=a07ehdszlya912c432c
This is a ZOOM platform educational program. Access information will be shared with registered guests.
Continuing Education Credit hours have been applied for from:
- Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board
For more information, please contact Pawley Bornstein at 440-710-3242.
Glenbeigh provides educational events at no cost as part of our community benefit initiative. Glenbeigh is a non-profit hospital providing the highest quality healthcare to those in need of alcohol and drug addiction treatment and supports ongoing addiction recovery efforts.