"Benefits of Exercise in Addiction Recovery" will review quantitative research showing the benefits of exercise in addiction recovery and the importance of caution when introducing increased fitness to the recovery journey. This educational event will explore how to implement exercise in a daily plan for recovery for clients.
- Examine the research on the benefits of exercise in recovery.
- Learn how this strategy through mental, physical and spiritual fitness can be used to rebuild the wounded body and spirit following substance abuse.
- Explore strategies to engage the patient in the ownership of their own recovery through fitness and enhance client expectations of success in addiction recovery.
Dalton Witt, BAS, CDCA II
Glenbeigh, Rock Creek, Ohio
Dalton Witt has worked in the field of inpatient chemical dependency for three and a half years and has worked professionally in the health and fitness industry prior to addiction recovery. He received his Bachelor's degree in Interpersonal Communication from Bowling Green State University. Dalton is currently an Inpatient Counselor at Glenbeigh in Rock Creek, Ohio. He has received training and has practiced as a counseling assistant and as a counselor in mental health care utilizing an integrated counseling approach in individual, group, substance abuse, supervision and family/couples formats with children, adolescents and adults. Dalton is currently working on his LCDC II.
Friday, May 28, 2021
Presentation: 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Please RSVP at https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07ehtacktvccb30bf9&oseq=&c=&ch=
This is a Zoom platform educational program. Access information will be shared with registered guests.
1.5 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) have been applied for through:
- Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- National Association of Social Workers
Glenbeigh provides educational events at no cost as part of our community benefit initiative. Glenbeigh is a non-profit hospital providing the highest quality healthcare to those in need of alcohol and drug addiction treatment and supports ongoing addiction recovery efforts.