Rise and Shine - Glenbeigh Outpatient Center of Beachwood.
The spirituality-based 12-Step program is the foundation for most treatment programs. Addictions counseling commonly involves 12-Step facilitation as part of its process. Exploring, supporting and enhancing spirituality in clients' recovery is considered key to successful and sustained recovery. This session is geared toward exploring the value of spiritual practices in addictions treatment and ongoing recovery. Participants will:
- Examine the fundamental roles that counseling and psychotherapy play in facilitation of clients' development of or reconnection with spiritual understanding and practice, whatever form it may take.
- Learn about the neuroplasticity of the brain and how spiritual practices can create new neural connections, which are geared toward attitudes and behaviors which are conducive to sustained and successful recovery.
- Explore various spiritual practices commonly used in addiction recovery, which can be inclusive or exclusive of religious traditions, and learn how they can be facilitated in addictions counseling.
Presented by: William Hale, Ph.D., LICDC
Manager, Glenbeigh Outpatient Centers of Beachwood, Toledo and Rocky River
William Hale joined the Glenbeigh staff in 2009 and proceeded to create and launch a comprehensive Life Skills Training Program for extended care patients, teaching life enhancement and development strategies. He conducted Pain Education Groups for patients dealing with chronic pain and Professionals Support Groups as part of Glenbeigh's professionals specialized treatment program. Hale holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Milligan College and received his Master's degree in Community Counseling from East Tennessee State University. He also holds a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, which he received from The University of Tennessee. Hale is currently the Counseling Supervisor and Manager at Glenbeigh's Outpatient Centers of Beachwood, Toledo and Rocky River.
Friday, October 12, 2018
Networking: 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM
Presentation: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Glenbeigh Outpatient Center of Beachwood
3789B South Green Road
Beachwood, Ohio 44122
Please RSVP by October 10, 2018 by email to email@example.com or by calling 216-464-5800.
Continuing Education Credits:
2.0 hours of Continuing Education Credit has been approved for this presentation by:
- The Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board
- The Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- NOTE: The Ohio Board of Nursing states: "Nurses may use CEUs approved by the Social Work Board."
Glenbeigh provides educational events at no cost as part of our Community Benefit initiative. Glenbeigh is a non-profit hospital providing premier care to adults, age 18 and over, suffering from alcohol and drug addiction.