Friday, May 24, 2019
Networking and Registration: 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM
Presentation: 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM
The spirituality-based 12-Step program is the foundation for most treatment programs. Addictions counseling commonly involves 12-Step facilitation as part of its process. Exploring, supporting and enhancing spirituality in clients' recovery is considered key to successful and sustained recovery. This session is geared toward exploring the values of spiritual practices in addictions treatment and ongoing recovery. Participants will:
- Examine the fundamental roles that counseling and psychotherapy play in facilitation of clients' development of our reconnection with spiritual understanding and practice, whatever form it may be.
- Learn about the neuroplasticity of the brain and how spiritual practices can create new neural connections, which are geared toward attitudes and behaviors and are conducive to a sustained, successful recovery.
- Explore various spiritual practices commonly used in addiction recovery, which can be inclusive or exclusive of religious traditions. Learn how they can be facilitated in addictions counseling.
William Hale, Ph.D., LICDC-CS
Manager, Glenbeigh Outpatient Centers of Beachwood, Rocky River and Toledo
William Hale joined the Glenbeigh staff in 2009 and proceeded to create and launch a comprehensive Life Skills Training Program for extended care patients, teaching life enhancement and development strategies. He conducted pain education groups for patients dealing with chronic pain and professionals support groups as part of Glenbeigh's specialized professionals treatment programing. Hale holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Milligan College and received his Master's degree in Community Counseling from East Tennessee State University. He holds a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, which he received from The University of Tennessee. Hale is currently the Counseling Supervisor and Manager at Glenbeigh's Outpatient Centers of Beachwood, Rocky River and Toledo.
Raymond M. Blasco M.D. Memorial Library
160 E. Front Street
Erie, PA 16507
2.0 Continuing Education Credits have been approved through:
- The Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- The National Association of Social Workers
Please RSVP by May 17, 2019 by emailing email@example.com or by calling 814-864-4226.
Glenbeigh provides educational events at no cost as part of our Community Benefit initiative. Glenbeigh is a non-profit hospital providing the highest quality healthcare to those in need of alcohol and drug addiction treatment and supports ongoing addiction recovery efforts.