The spiritually-based 12-Step Program is the foundation for most treatment programs. Addictions counseling commonly involves 12-Step facilitation as part of its process. Exploring, supporting and enhancing spirituality in clients’ recovery is considered key to successful and sustained recovery. This session is geared toward exploring the value of spiritual practices in addictions treatment and ongoing recovery.
- Examine the fundamental roles that counseling and psychotherapy play in facilitation of clients’ spiritual understanding and practice, whatever form it may take.
- Learn how spiritual practices support attitudes and behaviors conducive to sustained and successful recovery.
- Explore spiritual practices commonly used in recovery from addiction, which can be inclusive or exclusive of religious traditions, and learn how they can be facilitated in addictions counseling.
Dr. William Hale
Director of Outpatient Services, Glenbeigh
Dr. Hale is a Psychologist and Director of Outpatient Services for Glenbeigh Beachwood, Rocky River, and Toledo. Previously he was lead counselor, then clinical supervisor at the hospital, and manager of the Cleveland area Outpatient Centers. He specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy and positive psychology, with a particular focus on stress, anxiety and craving management. He teaches several forms of meditation and incorporates mindfulness in his work. His therapeutic model is geared toward recognition of human strengths and enhancing self-efficacy to support recovery. He developed the hospital’s Life Skills Training Program, which helps patients identify and develop their unused talents for maintaining and improving their lives in recovery. Prior to coming to Glenbeigh, Dr. Hale served as psychologist and assistant director at University Counseling Services, and adjunct professor of psychology at Case Western Reserve University. He continues to serve as a guest lecturer for graduate classes at the university.
Thursday, October 28, 2021
Presentation 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Please RSVP by clicking here. This is a ZOOM platform educational program. Access information will be shared with registered guests. If you do not receive a reply to your registration, please check your spam folder.
1.5 Continuing Education Credits (CEU's) have been applied for through:
- The Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- The National Association of Social Workers
For more information, please contact Carrie Artman by email or by phone at 440-710-3244.
Glenbeigh provides educational events at no cost as part of our community benefit initiative. Glenbeigh is a non-profit hospital providing the highest quality healthcare to those in need of alcohol and drug addiction treatment and supports ongoing addiction recovery efforts.