Friday, November 1, 2019
Networking and Continental Breakfast: 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM
Presentation: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
The LGBTQ101 training is offered to agency professionals to assist staff with recognizing and appropriately responding to, LGBTQ culture, disparities, commonly used vocabulary and terms, and how to provide the best possible services to members of this community. Local resources are reviewed, discussed, and made available for both clients and professionals to further their understanding on LGBTQ issues.
- Learn to recognize and appropriately respond to LGBTQ culture.
- Learn to address cultural disparities.
- Learn commonly used vocabulary and terms.
- Learn how to provide the best possible services to the LGBTQ community.
Elizabeth Raco, LSW
Clinical Educator, Safe Harbor Behavioral Health of UPMC Hamot
Elizabeth Raco graduated with her Master of Social Work degree in 2013 and joined the Safe Harbor Behavioral Health staff shortly after. Specializing in Crisis Work and Case Management, she recently became the Clinical Educator, providing trainings and outreach to the community.
Raymond M. Blasco M.D. Memorial Library
160 East Front Street
Erie, Pennsylvania 16507
3.0 Continuing Education Credit Hours applied through:
- The Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- The National Association of Social Workers
Please RSVP by October 26, 2019 by email to email@example.com or by calling 814-864-4226.
Glenbeigh provides educational events at no cost as part of our Community Benefit initiative. Glenbeigh is a non-profit hospital providing the highest quality healthcare to those in need of alcohol and drug addiction treatment and supports ongoing addiction recovery efforts.