Rise and Shine - Glenbeigh Outpatient Center of Niles
This presentation is designed to describe the risk factors and prevention strategies for opioid overdose. Attendees will learn the signs of opiate overdose and how to appropriately respond to an overdose. They will learn information on Naloxone, and the proper way to administer the medication.
- Introduce opioid overdose and prevention efforts
- Describe the risk factors and prevention strategies for opioid overdose
- Describe the signs of opioid overdose
- Describe the steps in responding to an overdose
- Provide information on naloxone
- Describe the precautions, contraindications and adverse reactions of naloxone
- Describe the proper storage and expiration of naloxone
- Describe the procedures for administering naloxone
- Demonstrate the use of naloxone
- Describe effective treatment/recovery strategies for opiates and other drugs of abuse
Gary Seech, MBA, Regional Director of Operations at Glenbeigh
Networking: 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM
Presentation: 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Niles First Church of the Nazarene
1822 Vienna Road
Niles, Ohio 44446
1.5 hours of Continuing Education Credit has been applied for through:
- The Ohio Chemical Dependency Board
- The Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board
Please RSVP by November 26, 2018 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 330-652-6770.
Rise and Shine events are offered at no cost as part of Glenbeigh's community benefit initiative. Glenbeigh is a non-profit hospital providing the highest quality healthcare to those in need of alcohol and drug addiction treatment and to support ongoing addiction recovery efforts.