For additional questions or support, please contact us.
Am I going to be with people who use drugs if I just use alcohol?
Glenbeigh views any mood-altering chemical whether it be alcohol, prescription drugs, or street drugs in the exact same way. In order for a person to recover from the disease of addiction, one must abstain from all mood-altering chemicals. Glenbeigh attempts to match patients based on age and drug of choice while in the detox process. Most treatment activities include exposure to the entire patient population regardless of one’s drug of choice.
Are men and women treated together or separately?
Even though the disease process is similar, men and women experience different issues when suffering from addiction. For this reason, Glenbeigh offers gender specific programming and provides separate living areas to address these needs.
Can I have my cell phone, laptop or iPad?
Electronic devices are not permitted. This helps each patient focus on recovery. Computers are made available for completion of recovery assignments and for searching recovery-based web sites.
Can I smoke while at Glenbeigh?
Yes. Smoking is permitted in designated outside areas.
Does Glenbeigh accept Medicaid or Medicare?
Glenbeigh accepts a varity of patients and participates in over 60 managed care networks. These include certain Medicaid and Medicare providers. Call and ask to speak to an admissions specialists. Have your Medicaid or Medicare information in hand to discuss what services are available within your network. Our specialists will help you get the most appropriate level of care for your unique situation.
How can I send flowers, cards or packages to a patient at Glenbeigh?
To send cards or letters of encouragement to someone in treatment, please mail to: Patient Name, Glenbeigh, P.O. Box 298, Rock Creek, Ohio 44084. Please include a return address on the outside of your parcel.
How do I receive a copy of my medical records after I've left Glenbeigh?
To speed up the process of receiving a copy of your medical records, Glenbeigh alumni may complete an Authorization for Release of Information form and mail it to Glenbeigh, Attention Medical Records, P. O. Box 298, Rock Creek, Ohio 44084. Documents may also be submitted by secure fax to 440-563-9661 or by email to email@example.com. Patient records or other requests for information will be mailed or faxed to the recipient. Confidential information cannot be emailed outside the Glenbeigh network. For more information, or to verify receipt of a request for records, please contact the Medical Records Department at 440-563-3400.
How does one get admitted to Glenbeigh?
Glenbeigh’s admission specialists are committed to working closely with each individual to ensure that we have the best solution to meet your unique recovery needs. The first step toward recovery begins with either a phone call or a completion of the online contact form. The admissions staff is available to answer any questions and gather information to best determine how Glenbeigh can help. You are welcome to contact Glenbeigh 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 800 234-1001.
How long will I be in treatment?
Length of stay is determined according to each person’s individual needs. Each patient is assessed daily to determine appropriateness of transitioning to a lower level of care.
Is Glenbeigh a locked unit?
Glenbeigh is not a locked unit. Patients that come to Glenbeigh come on their own free will and sign themselves into treatment. Glenbeigh is a specialty hospital for the treatment of alcoholism and other drug addictions and not a psychiatric unit.
What does the typical day consist of?
The program each day begins with breakfast starting at 7:15 am. The last activity ends at approximately 9:30 pm. In between those times, patients participate in group counseling, individual counseling, lectures, specialty groups and recreational therapy.
What is the cost for treatment if I do not have any insurance or I don't want to use my insurance?
The private pay rate for a 30-day stay is $20,000 all inclusive except for physician fees. Longer stays are also available. The private pay rate for an additional 60 days is $13,000. The daily rate, post 30 days is $216.67 per day.
Rates take effect March 1, 2023.
What is the dress code for patients?
Glenbeigh strives to impart principles of recovery in all areas of the treatment experience. How patients dress while in treatment is an important reflection on their willingness to follow direction and make valuable changes. Patients are not to wear any clothing that is sexually provocative. This includes tight fitting garments, low cut, backless or midriff tops. All shorts need to be to mid-thigh. Any clothing with reference to drugs or alcohol is prohibited. Shirts and shoes are to be worn at all times. No hats, hoods or sunglasses are to be worn in the building.
What items are patients prohibited from bringing?
The following items are prohibited
- Gator or unapproved non-surgical masks
- Personal bedding, blankets, throws, pillows
- Stuffed animails or other stuffed/padded items
- Mouthwash containing alcohol
- Hand sanitizer containing alcohol
- Hair dye/hair color/color rinse
- Hairspray containing alcohol and non-alcohol aerosol hairspray
- All aerosol cans
- Perfume, cologne, aftershave
- Essential Oils
- Weapons (i.e., guns, knives, switchblades)
- Hair clippers
- Radios, clock radios, CD players, tape recorders, iPods, CD's, or DVD's
- Laptop computers and tablets
- Video games and playing cards
- Cell phones
- Pornographic material
- Cameras, camcorders/video cameras
- Valuable items that could easily be misplaced or lost (i.e., jewelry, credit cards, large amounts of money)
- Pre-rolled cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, rolling papers and machines used for rolling cigarettes
- Musical Instruments
- Electronic reading devices that have Internet access (Kindles, Nooks, etc.)
- Earbuds and headphones
- Activity trackers such Fitbits and fitness watches such as Apple watches
- Caffeinated beverages (coffee, soda, energy drinks, energy shots, energy drops)
- Protein bars/shakes/supplements
- Food and beverages in unsealed/opened containers
- Electronic cigarettes or vaporizers (Vapes)
- Nail polish remover that contains acetone
- All powdered products including laundry detergent, baby powder and powdered nutritional supplements
- Bathing suits/Short shorts/Short dresses/Crop tops/See-through shirts/Sleeveless t-shirts with extreme dropped arm holes/Clothes with profanity, triggers or that represent the lifestyle of addiction (beer advertisements, nudity)
What medications do you use for detoxing from opiates?
We use Tramadol, Suboxone (limited days), Clonidine, Bentyl for cramping, Imodium, and either Melatonin or Trazadone for sleep. These medications, along with the expertise of our medical and nursing staff, help minimize withdrawal symptoms.
What should patients bring when being admitted?
Glenbeigh provides the linens, towels, three balanced, nutritional meals a day and snacks. Patients should pack clothing for approximately 7 days. Laundry facilities are available at no cost, but patients need to bring their own laundry detergent. They should also bring clothing appropriate for outdoors and for participation in the fitness/recreational program.
Other helpful items
- Casual day-time clothes, gym clothes, pajamas, bathrobe
- Toiletry items (shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, body wash etc.)
- Small alarm clock (cannot be a radio alarm clock)
- Comfortable shoes
- Insurance Card/Picture ID/Rx Prescription Card
- Any Prescribed Medications in original bottles
- Phone card (Additional may be purchased at facility)
- Money to purchase items needed (patients should not bring large amounts of cash)
- Liquid Laundry Detergent or Pods (no powder detergent)/Dryer Sheets
- Shower Shoes
The Gratitude Shoppe, operated by the Alumni Association, sells various personal items, recovery literature, cards and miscellaneous gifts.
What type of insurance do you accept?
Glenbeigh works with over 60 managed care and insurance companies, so chances are good your insurance company is among them. If not, we also offer self pay options. Our business office specialists can help you by verifying benefits prior to admission. Financial arrangements for co-payments and deductibles can be made with Glenbeigh’s business office personnel.
When is visitation, and can my family bring my pets on visiting day?
Please check with your loved-one's counselor for information on virtual family programs.